The city/region interested in hosting the EYOF must contact its National Olympic Committee, which will undertake the necessary steps. The application must be always submitted to the EOC by the NOC. The next bidding procedure for both the Summer and Winter EYOFs 2023 will be launched in March 2017.
Hosting a European Youth Olympic Festival
Hosting a European Youth Olympic Festival is a unique opportunity for cities to demonstrate a leading position as a European sports city, with a special emphasis on young people. Key legacies of sport and social development may be accompanied with improvements in sporting infrastructure.
There are benefits from increases in direct and indirect expenditure, and career development is by no means limited to the athletes. Organisers and volunteers gain valuable professional experience.
Cities interested in bidding to host future editions of the European Youth Olympic Festival should contact their National Olympic Committees for further details of the bid process. The bidding procedure for the 2025 Winter and Summer EYOFs has been concluded.
The host cities/region will be elected in autumn 2020. The city/region interested in hosting the EYOF must contact its National Olympic Committee, which will undertake the necessary steps. The application must be always submitted to the EOC by the NOC. The next bidding procedure for both Winter and Summer EYOFs will be launched in 2021.
- To bring the 50 European National Olympic Committees to your country, region, city.
- To become the European capital of sport for the duration of the event and thus attract attention.
- To get economic benefits from direct and indirect event-related expenditure in the region and from the development of the region’s image, which encourages the general public to visit the area before, during and after the event.
- To gain social benefits such as: the acquisition of organisational skills and the development of inter regional cooperation; the acquisition of expertise; the reinforcement of local identity and community pride; work experience; youth training; the development of volunteering.
- To develop and promote sport in the region.
- To develop/promote the tourism potential of the region/city.
- To raise the profile and image of the host city.
- To leave a “legacy” of the event, both material (sports facilities, general infrastructure, etc) and non-material (participation in sport, renown, etc).
- To promote Olympic values - such as fair play, excellence, respect, friendship - in order to build a better world through sport.
- To bring youth into contact with sport, to have a positive effect on the perception of sport and thus increase active participation at both the top and recreational levels of sport, and to raise awareness of the importance of sport, physical education and a healthy life style.
The bidding procedure for the 2025 Winter and Summer EYOFs has been concluded.
The host cities/region will be elected in autumn 2020.Basic Bidding Timeline